|CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
||Senior Accounting Technician (Contract)
||March 19, 2014
We are looking to establish an ongoing relationship with a Senior Accounting Technician to work with us on a contract basis.
We are a dynamic, fast-paced and progressive office that provides financial and bookkeeping services. Our clients are fast-growing medium-sized businesses in a variety of industries.
Our ideal candidate is willing to learn and grow with the company. As you become more proficient in intermediate-level accounting, you will be expected to work with clients directly, prepare compilation engagement statements and various tax returns and reports.
Note: As part of the interview process, short-listed candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment test to verify skill level and competency in key position areas.
- Full-cycle bookkeeping services
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare government returns including GST/HST and WCB
- Payroll (this is a key area for this position - education required)
- Maintain A/R and A/P ledgers
- Prepare capital asset amortization schedules
- Prepare financial statements and quarterly accounting reports
- Review and fully understand general ledger
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in full-cycle accounting
- CGA or Pace student
- Certificate or Diploma in Payroll (or equivalent combination of education/experience)
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to travel to client offices and work independently
- Fluent in written/spoken English
- Able/willing to troubleshoot issues in a file and proactively seek out information required to see tasks through to completion
- Excellent time management skills, able to consistently meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Outgoing, good communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work well with others
- Takes responsibility for assigned tasks
||Competitive rates to be negotiated on a per-project basis
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.
NALH is always on the lookout for exceptionally
smart, creative and self-motivated individuals to join our rapidly-growing,
unique team of accounting technicians.
Our team members specialize in the installation,
customization and maintenance of data using QuickBooks, Simply Accounting and MYOB
accounting software packages. Our clients are dynamic fast-growing
local and international medium-size businesses in a variety of
Working with NALH requires the ability to work independently
as well as in a team environment. If you are an efficient multi-tasker
and are eager to contribute your exceptional accounting skills
to a dynamic team in a computerized bookkeeping and accounting
environment, you may be the type of team player we're looking
Ability to manage and schedule your own time, maintain a client
portfolio, and your strong fluency in both written
and verbal English communication is a must. As most positions
require working on-site with our clients, you must also be able
to provide your own transportation.
If you feel you're a good match for our needs, please forward
your resume in confidence, along with a cover letter indicating
your skills, attributes and salary expectations by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
by facsimile to: 604-412-3888